Anyone who wishes to breed the Lykos dog in Australia, and/or Development/Foundation Stock dogs must:
Work with your LWCA registered breeder under their existing kennel name with Agreements being adhered to, or:
Register your own prefix when signing the Code of Ethics and applying via the website.
New breeders, co-owners raising a litter for a registered breeder and Stud Dog owners are required to sign the Code of Ethics (04/2021)
Breeder prefixes must be no longer than 24 characters in total (including spaces), not be identical to, or similar in spelling, or phonetically, to a prefix name already registered, which could be deemed to cause misunderstanding, or confusion. Prefixes must not include the name of any breed of dog, as also per industry standards.
All dogs must have the following carried out before approval for breeding is made:
- Hip and elbow x-rayed and free of dysplasia (maximum of 5 per hip, elbows no more than 1 each). Dogs with hip scores a few points above this maximum will be considered on a case-by-case basis i.e. only if they are thought to bring other important qualities to the genepool. Hip and elbow x-rays are to be graded by Dr Ray Ferguson BVSc of Monash Veterinary Clinic
- DNA Tested - No affected or carrier dogs of any disease should be bred from. DNA testing is not mandatory if both parents have been tested and results are "clear - not carriers" of any disease, as offspring will be clear by parentage. Evidence of such must be provided.
- Temperament Assessment - assessed by at least one of the panel of LWCA Breed Advisors.
- The LWCA's Breed Advisors must approve all pairings before mating, to ensure phenotype requirements are in line with the Breed Standard and genetics are suitable/valuable to the breed's development, as well as it's suitability in accordance with the Breed Standard.
- If new lines, DNA tested to check breed identification, with only allowable breeds as determined by the Breed Advisors.
- New bloodlines lines are registered into the stud book once all information is known/provided to the LWCA. There is no charge for this.
- After Breeders provide copies of all health test results, they must undergo an interview, sign/return our Code of Ethics for approval and have their breeding premises inspected before being reviewed and accepted as a breeder.
Hip & Elbow X-rays
Hip & Elbow Dysplasia Scheme (Correct HD & ED scheme positioning)
The vet who took the x-ray, must send Monash Veterinary Clinic (Attention: Dr Ray Ferguson BVSc) the following:
- Some Veterinarians may wish to sight the dog's Certificate of Registration & Pedigree when completing the MCV Hip and Elbow Report Form
- Digital record of the x-rays of the dog's hips and elbows
The owner is required to contact Monash Veterinary Clinic (03) 9544 7455, to make payment ($99) for the grading before any scoring is done. Monash Vet email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Results will be emailed to the owner by the scorer, who can then email forward directly to the LWCA.
DNA Testing Links